Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is a growing tool used by many energy marketers as they move their marketing dollars online and away from traditional strategies. It can be extremely effective if applied correctly, but how can you be sure that your PPC strategy is converting leads to concrete sales and not merely creating click-through volume?
Understand if your monthly online advertising strategy is driving sales or just generating activity.
Make sure you benefit from the complete value of pay-per-click (PPC) with each of your campaigns. Know exactly which metrics to request in each monthly report that you receive from your in-house marketing department or external marketing vendor.
Understanding the details and factors of what makes your PPC campaigns successful can be the difference between generating sales and merely generating click-throughs. Here are five steps within the Consumer Focus PPC strategy to ensure that your ad will convert prospects to sales.
- Choosing effective keywords – Having nearly 20 years of experience working in the energy industry, we know which search term keywords will get your ad in front of the right audience while simultaneously maximizing the reach of your campaign. More views mean more opportunities for sales.
- Creating relevant content to boost page position – Among other things, algorithms on popular search engines look for relevancy between your keyword, your ad, and your landing page to determine the rank of your company’s ad on a page. Consumer Focus will create a fully integrated campaign that directly aligns those three key components to ensure the best position for your ad.
- Setting a budget – We’ll help you to determine a keyword budget that works with your goals, and we’ll check your cost-per-click rates throughout the campaign to maximize your ROI.
- Reviewing the metrics – Once your ad is up and running, we don’t consider the job done; we’re constantly looking at the metrics to understand which campaigns are working and which could be improved.
- Optimize, optimize, optimize – Based on the metrics of the campaign, we will alter your keywords, ad content, and/or landing pages as needed to ensure that we’re driving the right traffic to your website, and driving sales for your business.
If you’re ready to maximize the benefits of a PPC campaign for your company, contact us today for a free consultation.